Monday, April 11, 2016

Man Crush Monday: Jordan Fisher

He's just so cute!
I haven't posted in a while. I'm sorry! I am really trying to do better! However, it's hard because it I close to finals and also since I'm a theater minor, I am helping with my college's production of Hair, which is two weeks away. I'M SORRY!!

Anyway, I wanted to write a post about Jordan Fisher. If you don't know who he is, he is the photo above. He played Seacat in Teen Beach Movie, which probably was his biggest role until recently. He played Doody in Grease Live! As someone who religiously grew up with the original 1978 film, with John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John, I think that he did a really great job.

He sang solo in the song, "Those Magic Changes" which has become my favorite song on the Grease Live! soundtrack. I'll insert the song below:

I'm sorry that the volume is so low. I can't change that, because it's part of the video. He is adorable and he sings very well. I never appreciated Jordan in Teen Beach Movie. My attention was grabbed by Riker Lynch, Garrett Clayton, and John DeLuca.

But since then, I have "unfanned" Riker and "fanned" Jordan. So I most likely will be watching it from a different perspective.

It's funny because as I was watching Grease Live! (which is on Netflix, by the way! ((and the soundtrack is on Spotify)) I looked at Doody and thought "he's cute and he's got a nice smile". It's weird because I recognized his smile, but I didn't know from what. After I watched the show in its entirety (even the bows at the end) I googled the cast. I looked at his name, Jordan Fisher, which was familiar, but from what? I went to his IMDb page, because unfortunately, he doesn't have a Wikipedia page, yet, and the first thing I noticed Teen Beach Movie. And then I clicked on it and yes, he plays Seacat.

I will probably be doing a few blogs about Grease Live! Probably a post about the show itself and then a blog comparing this cast to the original cast. Also probably a post about the actors themselves.

And I know, I owe you guys a lot of blog posts, but I am trying. I blog when I can and when I'm in the mood. I don't want to blog crappiness to you guys. I don't even know who any of you are, or if I even have actual.

Also, why is the Teen Beach Movie sequel called Teen Beach 2? I mean I know they stole the title idea from what happened with High School Musical and it worked, but still. The sequel title is so weird. And I know that I am a 19 year old college student who still enjoys Disney Channel original movies. Leave me alone! I will never outgrow Disney. But only if they keep making good movies and shows.

Like Teen Beach Movie is good. Jessie, Girl Meets World, Austin and Aly, and Liv & Maddie are good shows, but everything else is just mediocre, at least in my opinion. I'm from the generation of High School Musical, Cheetah Girls, Lizzie Maguire, Kim Possible. So I have a high expectations for Disney Channel.

That's enough ranting. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment