Friday, January 30, 2015

Writing - A McCartha Original

So I was thinking, every Friday, I would post an excerpt of my writing. I write a lot, so I have a lot of excerpts to post, so be prepared!!

This excerpt was me just brainstorming something.


After the show gained popularity, Sam began to be much more paranoid. To the point that she began to lose it. She claimed that Hadley was fooling around behind her back. To her, the show felt like reality. It concerned us all. It went on for almost two years before Hadley finally gave in.

"Tell me the truth! Tell me you don't love me and I'll be gone! Out of your life for good!" She was screaming hysterically. Hadley stood in the doorway between the living room and dining room with his arms crossed. He remained calm. He was always calm, despite the circumstances.

"Sam." His voice shattered her. She fell to her knees and wept. "Samantha."

"No. No. No. You betrayed me. It's all over between us! I know it is."

"Samantha." He took a step closer to her.

"No!" She screamed. She moved to a corner of the room and pulled her knees up to her chest.

"Sam."

"No. No. No. No. No. No. No." She must have said it a hundred times. There was a knock on the door, alarming her.

"It's open." Hadley didn't take his eyes off his distraught wife. How could he? Two men in white uniforms walked in, following a man in a suit.

"Mr. Barnes?" The man in the suit asked. Hadley nodded. "Mrs. Barnes, I am Arthur Greenwood. Please come with me." Sam looked at Hadley.

"No. You can't do this to me. Hadley, you didn't- I am not going to the crazy house. No never!"

"Mrs. Barnes, please make this easy for yourself."

"Never! No! You can't do this to me. To your wife. Hadley!" She pleaded.

"I'm sorry." Hadley whispered, afraid he'd break.

"Gentlemen." Arthur directed. Both men grabbed Sam.

"No! No! How could you do this to me? Hadley! You bastard! Why?" She screamed as they carried her out of the house. She began to sob loudly. She felt betrayed. Hadley kept his eyes closed.

"You are free to visit her whenever you would like." Arthur explained. Hadley didn't budge. His hands clenched into fists. As soon as the door closed he collapsed to the ground and he just lost it.

Hadley had sent the love of his life to the asylum.


So I hope you guys enjoyed that little drama piece. I never continued it. I don't have anything surrounding it. I couldn't think of any way to continue it.

No comments:

Post a Comment