Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Chris Jackson

"I don't believe in God, but I believe in Chris Jackson."
- Lin-Manuel Miranda, Tony Acceptance Speech, 2008
The beautiful Chris Jackson!
So just as an FYI, Blogger is making it very difficult to add pictures to my blog, from other websites. So I'm having to download a lot of photos. And it's really annoying. That just means I need to better organize my laptop.

BUT ANYWAY!!

Today's blog is dedicated to the amazing Christopher Jackson. He plays George Washington in Hamilton and he played Benny in In the Heights.

He is one of my favorite people. When the man sings, the world stops. I know I praised Leslie's voice in the last blog, but Chris' voice.

Why don't I just show you? Here is two videos. One of "Benny's Dispatch" from in the Heights. The other is "One Last Time" from Hamilton. I couldn't choose one, so you get both.


He's just amazing. He is Lin's best friend and they've been friends for a while.

I really want him to do a solo album. I really don't care what he sings. I just want him to sing.

Daveed, Lin, and Chris.
I don't have a long story about falling in love with Chris years ago, like I do about most of the people I post about.

How I fell in love with Chris Jackson? I was listening to the Hamilton soundtrack and I thought "The guy who plays Washington has a great voice. Who is he?" and BAM! Chris Jackson came into my life.

Then I listened to In the Heights and I really fell in love with him. I've been a fan of his for two months.

He was nominated for a Tony, but he didn't get it. I knew Daveed was going to win, but my money was on Chris the whole time. I am biased towards Chris. I named my Hamilton Tumblr after him

Besides him being an amazing singer, he's a composer. He won an Emmy a few years ago for his song in Seasame Street. The man can sing and he write children songs. Bless him.

And now I leave you with another quote from Lin about Chris, which I agree with 100%.

"He's just fucking majestic."
- Lin-Manuel Miranda, Hamilton The Revolution

No comments:

Post a Comment